With Christmas being one of the busiest times of the year for online shopping – Cyber criminals are taking advantage of this and looking for their next online victim.
Below are some helpful tips to help you stay protected online this year:
1. If you receive an email from a shop you don’t know or trust, do not open the email or any attachments that may have been include
2. Don’t click onto any Phishing links that may be sent to you via text message or SMS app
3. Make sure your passwords are complex – a minimum of 12 characters and do not contain any dictionary words
4. When you are buying gifts online using your mobile phone, before inputting your payment details, ensure you switch your phone to cellular
5. Ensure that when you are in a public place, do not use public WiFi to make payments online